Quick and Almost-Professional Buttercream Icing
"After failing to find the perfect recipe for buttercream icing, I found one that worked for me and then added my own two cents."
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Ready in 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 drops food coloring, or as needed (optional)
- Cream room temperature butter with a hand mixer, the paddle attachment of a stand mixer, or a wooden spoon until smooth and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3-4 minutes. Add food coloring, if using, and beat for thirty seconds until smooth or until desired color is reached.
- Total Fat: : 11.6g
- Saturated Fat: : 11.6g
- Sodium: : 11.6g
- Potassium: : 11.6g
- Total Carbohydrates: : 11.6g
- Dietary Fiber: : 11.6g
- Protein: : 11.6g
- Sugars: : 11.6g
- Vitamin C: : 11.6g
- Iron: : 11.6g
- Niacin: : 11.6g
- Magnesium: : 11.6g