"Salty and savory, the roasting method kills the natural bitterness of asparagus. Try it next to grilled fish or lamb."
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Ready in 25 Minutes
- 1 bunch thin asparagus spears, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Arrange the asparagus onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness. Sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.
- Total Fat: : 10.8g
- Saturated Fat: : 10.8g
- Sodium: : 10.8g
- Potassium: : 10.8g
- Total Carbohydrates: : 10.8g
- Dietary Fiber: : 10.8g
- Protein: : 10.8g
- Sugars: : 10.8g
- Vitamin C: : 10.8g
- Iron: : 10.8g
- Niacin: : 10.8g
- Magnesium: : 10.8g
- Cook's Note
- To remove woody ends, grab stalk of asparagus at either end and bend until it snaps. It will naturally snap where it starts to get tough.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.