Spinach Salad with Chicken, Avocado, and Goat Cheese
"Great salad with chicken, avocado, and goat cheese."
- Prep time: 20 Minutes
- Ready in 20 Minutes
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 8 cups chopped spinach
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 large avocado - peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Salad Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Toast pine nuts in hot skillet until lightly browned and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put spinach into a large salad bowl; top with pine nuts, tomatoes, chicken, avocado, corn kernels, and goat cheese.
- Beat white wine vinegar, olive oil, and Dijon mustard together in a small bowl until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss lightly to coat.
- Total Fat: : 31.8g
- Saturated Fat: : 31.8g
- Sodium: : 31.8g
- Potassium: : 31.8g
- Total Carbohydrates: : 31.8g
- Dietary Fiber: : 31.8g
- Protein: : 31.8g
- Sugars: : 31.8g
- Vitamin C: : 31.8g
- Iron: : 31.8g
- Niacin: : 31.8g
- Magnesium: : 31.8g
- Cook's Notes:
- Feta cheese can be used in place of goat cheese.
- You can use fresh, canned, or frozen corn kernels.
- Depending on your personal tastes, you may find you prefer less than the full amount of dressing on your salad. Add a little at a time until you're happy with it.