Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Tomatillo Salsa
"This shrimp taco recipe makes a delicious and fun meal! The salsa makes it very refreshing with a spicy kick. It is a great summertime meal. Enjoy!"
- Prep time: 25 Minutes
- Cook time: 5 Minutes
- Ready in 30 Minutes
- Avocado Tomatillo Salsa:
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 4 fresh tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 limes
- Place avocado, onion, tomatillos, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, garlic, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until small chunks remain.
- Fill resealable plastic bag with shrimp, chili powder, and salt; shake to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink and opaque, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide salsa, shrimp, and cabbage evenly to fill tortillas. Squeeze lime juice onto each taco.
- Total Fat: : 9.4g
- Saturated Fat: : 9.4g
- Sodium: : 9.4g
- Potassium: : 9.4g
- Total Carbohydrates: : 9.4g
- Dietary Fiber: : 9.4g
- Protein: : 9.4g
- Sugars: : 9.4g
- Vitamin C: : 9.4g
- Iron: : 9.4g
- Niacin: : 9.4g
- Magnesium: : 9.4g