Grilled Teriyaki Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers
"These savory-sweet shrimp skewers are easy to make and cook in just a few minutes. They are perfect for summer weeknights or weekend dinner parties. Prep the sauce ahead of time for an even faster dinner. I prefer to use jumbo shrimp (21-25 per pound), however use what you have on hand."
- Prep time: 25 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Ready in 45 Minutes
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cored and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Combine water, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, garlic, and ginger in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce has reduced and thickened slightly, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate. Thread shrimp and pineapple alternately onto skewers and place on a platter.
- Arrange skewers on the hot grate. Grill 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until shrimp is opaque and cooked through. Turn grill to low heat and brush sauce on both sides of skewers. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Total Fat: : 2.3g
- Saturated Fat: : 2.3g
- Sodium: : 2.3g
- Potassium: : 2.3g
- Total Carbohydrates: : 2.3g
- Dietary Fiber: : 2.3g
- Protein: : 2.3g
- Sugars: : 2.3g
- Vitamin C: : 2.3g
- Iron: : 2.3g
- Niacin: : 2.3g
- Magnesium: : 2.3g
- Cook's Notes:
- Try to cut the pineapple chunks approximately the same size as the shrimp for even grilling.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before using to prevent burning.