Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Taco Soup
"Reminiscent of the very popular dish King Ranch Chicken in the form a soup. With all the same flavors and the convenience of throwing everything into a slow cooker, this will also quickly become a favorite. Top with fried corn tortilla strips, if desired."
- Prep time: 25 Minutes
- Cook time: 2 Hours 20 Minutes
- Ready in 2 Hours 45 Minutes
- 1 serving nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (such as RO*TEL®)
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles (such as Ortega®)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 (8 ounce) package Neufchatel cheese, softened
- Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray. Add onions, bell pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, condensed soup, and chiles.
- Combine oil, taco seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, cumin, and black pepper in a bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat on all sides. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 2 to 3 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove from the slow cooker and shred.
- Add Neufchatel cheese to the slow cooker and stir until melted. Return chicken to the slow cooker and cook until warmed through, 20 to 30 minutes more.
- Total Fat: : 18.4g
- Saturated Fat: : 18.4g
- Sodium: : 18.4g
- Potassium: : 18.4g
- Total Carbohydrates: : 18.4g
- Dietary Fiber: : 18.4g
- Protein: : 18.4g
- Sugars: : 18.4g
- Vitamin C: : 18.4g
- Iron: : 18.4g
- Niacin: : 18.4g
- Magnesium: : 18.4g